Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Final Countdown

I divide my life into small segments; countdowns. I've just completed a 72 hour countdown to the beginning of the Jazz playoff run. I just finished a 4 day countdown to an experience I have not had in some time, a date with Erin. I need something exciting within a small segment to look forward to for motivation. I cannot tolerate living by deadlines. If my thoughts forward can only find the next test, bill, presentation or chore, then the repetitive and non motivational cycle of the next test, bill, presentation or chore takes the zest out of life.
I try to avoid setting my sights too far ahead. I takes a pretty large event for me to look forward farther than 1 or 2 weeks. Traveling to Germany with my dad and brothers to watch the USA play in the world cup was a 6 month segment of life I cannot recall except for the obsession. June 26, 1999 was not a small segment of anticipation. Life for me moves a little to slow at long intervals. So why are these words along side a countdown that is well over 1000 days. I don't know, but I look at that countdown every day.

1 comment:

Mike and Erin Hale said...

Honey, I love your blog. Your so trendy that you started one and why didn't you tell me about it? You're leading a double life.